As Administrative Assistant, you will be the key point of contact for the Principal, Executives and stakeholders of TCU Corporation. The role requires exceptional organizational and prioritization skills with strong time management, and the ability to exercise a high degree of confidentiality and discretion and initiative in handling highly confidential information.
The right candidate is a self-motivated, deadline-driven professional, with excellent written and verbal communications skills. They thrive on helping those around them by being one step ahead, planning and prioritizing constantly as they go. They are a planner and a doer, finding comfort in working in an ever-changing and fast-paced environment, and be happy to pitch in where needed. A sense of humour and ‘can-do’ approach is also essential.
The candidate will be one of TCU’s key brand ambassadors, conveying the brand’s commitment to an enhanced experience across all aspects of our business. As such, the right candidate will realize what it means to fully live and embody TCU’s brand ethos.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for internal and external inquiries on all matters on behalf of the Executives, including those of a highly confidential and critical nature. Prioritize and determine the appropriate course of action, referral, or response, exercising judgment to reflect the Executives’ style and TCU’s organizational practices.
- Calendar management and monitoring emails to ensure any high priority inquiries are identified and addressed, troubleshooting, prioritizing conflicts to ensure smooth day-to-day engagements with a primary focus on the Principal, and additionally supporting other Executives and business leaders.
- Assist with special projects for the Principal and Executives; designing and producing complex documents, reports, and presentations; collecting and preparing information for meetings with staff and outside parties; composing and preparing correspondence; maintaining contact lists.
- Arrange and handle all logistics for meetings and associated events: schedule meetings; develop, compile, and distribute presentation materials.
- Liaise with external vendors, partners, clients on behalf of the Principal and Executives
- Create and prepare agenda materials. Managing meeting minutes as required and follow-up documentation/ distribution.
- Build good working relationships with the EA community to coordinate the Principal and other Executive’s outreach activities. Follow up on contacts made to cultivate ongoing relationships.
- Organize meetings, events, travel, conference calls – including the logistical elements of booking rooms, ordering catering, etc.
- Manage confidential files, including employment files, legal and financial documents.
- Complete expenses for supported Executives.
- Other tasks and projects as assigned
What you’ll bring to the role
- 2+ years of progressively responsible experience in an administrative or project management role supporting multiple senior level executives, to C-suite level, handling highly confidential information with discretion and in a fast paced, client driven organization.
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- A high degree of professionalism in dealing with internal team members and external groups including consultants, clients, and partners.
- The ability to make appropriate, informed decisions regarding priorities and available time.
- Ability to assess and respond with appropriate levels of urgency to situations and events in a timely manner.
- Able to maintain a high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information.
- Excellent judgment is essential.
- Ability to plan and adapt with a ‘can-do’ approach and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, evolving environment with a high volume of tasks and projects with little or no guidance.
- Flexibility to work outside of a traditional schedule from time to time
- Experience supporting financial function in an organization is beneficial.